The School of Open Learning (SOL) is a significant part of the Delhi University. It is the sole conducting authority for 5 undergraduate and 5 postgraduate correspondence courses under the name of the Delhi University.
In this article, I will discuss in detail the admission procedure of the School of Open Learning.
DU SOL Admission Procedure
When does the admission procedure start?
SOL usually commences the admission to its UG and PG courses between the months of July and August.
Every year, the admission to the undergraduate correspondence courses begins in the month of July and remains open till the month of September.
However, the admission for postgraduate correspondence courses starts in the month of August.
How to Apply for Admission to SOL?
Below I mentioned the step by step procedure to apply for admission to SOL.
SOL Admission Procedure for Undergraduate Courses
The registration will be done online except for PWD, NHE, BPL, and FSR applicants.
For Online Admission in DU SOL
Stick to the following method, if applying online for admission.
- Candidates need to register online on the official website.
- On successful registration, a username and password will be generated. The student will receive the username and password via email or SMS.
- On receiving the username and password, candidates are required to login on the official website.
- After successful login, select the admission tab on the top-left corner of the screen.
- The candidate is required to add and save details such as name, address, date of birth, academic qualification, etc. on the respective page.
- In the next step, the candidate has to upload the respective documents in the PDF format.
- Recheck all your details and submit them by clicking the “SUBMIT” button.
- In case, the candidate wishes to amend any of the displayed information, s/he can do so by going to admission tab again and click on the save button.
- Once the application process is completed, candidates are required to pay the prescribed fee on the next working day.
- The online admission process will get over after the successful payment of the admission fee.
Once the candidate is through with the registration process, s/he can download the SOL demand letter from the official website.
For Offline Admission in DU SOL
Only PWD, NHE, BPL, and FSR (female) applicants are allowed to apply offline for admission to the SOL.
Know the complete the method below:
- Candidates are required to obtain the application form from either North or South campus of the School of Open Learning.
- The applicant must fill the application form carefully and attached the necessary documents with it.
- Submit the complete application form with fee (in the form of DD) at the designated SOL centre.
- After submitting the form and the admission fee candidates will get an acknowledgement slip.
DU SOL – Mode of Fee Payment
Candidates applying online for admission can make the payment via any of the following modes.
- Credit card/ Debit Card
- Net Banking
Documents Required at the Time of Admission
At the time of registration, candidates are required to attach the following documents with the form (scanned copies in case of online registration):
- Students passed from CBSE 2006 onward (Delhi Region) opted compulsory languages courses as English A, or B/ Hindi A or B/Punjabi A/ Urdu A/ Tamil A of the B.Com and B.A. Programme have to upload following documents:
- Recent Photograph and Signature.
- Other educational documents will not be uploaded at the time of admission. However, on demand, it will be produced/uploaded as per requirement.
- Students who passed CBSE 2016 (Delhi Region, opted compulsory languages courses as English-C/ Hindi-C/Punjabi-B/Urdu-B/Tamil-B of the B.Com and B.A. Programme and student applying for B.Com(Hons.) Pol.Sci. have to upload following documents:
- Recent photograph and signature
- Self-attested copy of class-X mark sheet.
- Self-attested copy of class-XII mark sheet.
- For Students from other than CBSE Boards, CBSE compartment cases, and CBSE (Non-Delhi Region) have to upload the following documents:
- Recent photograph and signature
- Self-attested copy of class-X certificate and mark sheet.
- Self-attested copy of class-Xll certificate and mark sheet.
- (current students can send scanned copy of the Provisional Certificate)
- Scanned copy of Migration Certificate (if the candidates studied from boards other than Delhi like NIOS, UP, Bihar, Haryana, Rajasthan, etc.)
- Students applying against the reserved, i.e., SC/ST/OBC/PWD/etc. and BPL category have to upload the following documents, as applicable, in addition to the above-mentioned documents.
- Self Attested copy of Reverse Category Certificate of the candidates only, if applicable (SC/ST/OBC/PWD etc. candidates) certificate of the candidate must be have been issued before the date of admission.
- Self-attested copy of Original Income Certificate if applying for fee concession/Financial Assistance.
- Self-attested copy of BPL/AAY Ration Card, if applying for Financial Assistance.
Please note that:
- The digital size of the file of the photographs must be more than 4 kb and less than 24 kb with a resolution of 100-pixel width and 120-pixel height (.jpg format).
- The signature must be uploaded in jpg format. The digital size of the signature file must be more than 1 kb and less than 12 kb with resolution of 40 pixel width by 60 pixel height (.jpg format).
- The digital size of the file other than Photograph and Signature (like 10th mark sheet, 12th mark sheet, 12th Certificate, etc) must be less than 2 MB(.pdf format)
DU SOL Admission Procedure for Postgraduate Courses
The admission to postgraduate courses is done either on the direct basis or by entrance test.
DU SOL Direct Admission
Candidates who have gained a respective degree from the University of Delhi with 60% or above are eligible to take direct admission to the respective PG course.
DU SOL Admission Via Entrance Exam
- The Entrance examination for the respective postgraduate course will be conducted at the School (Main) Building, 5, Cavalry Lane, Delhi University, Delhi-7.
- Registration will be done in Room No. 10 of the SOL building.
- All candidates will have to pay an Entrance Examination fee (non-refundable) Rs. 250/- for General Candidate and Rs.100/- for SC/ST Candidates.
- The registration fee should be paid through cash/Bank Draft in favour of the Executive Director, School of Open Learning, University of Delhi.
Please note that Foreign students who are recipients of Government of India Scholarship/sponsorship by any agency of Government of India will be exempted from the Entrance Examination.
So this is all that you should know if planning to pursue an UG or PG course from the school of Open Learning, Delhi University.
If you have any other doubt or query, feel free to share it with us in the comment section below.