A lot of young girls, especially those who love glamor, fancy being an air hostess for the sake of it.
However, the profession is much beyond a beautiful face, a well-toned figure, and a pleasing personality. It is a serious job that entails a lot of hard work.
The bottom line is: Physical appearance is important but not everything.
So to know how to become an air hostess after 12th, read on.
Skills Required To Become An Air Hostess
The job requirements for an air hostess include a mix of soft skills and educational qualification. Below mentioned are some of the skills that an air hostess must possess to excel in this field.
- Being Responsible:
As the name suggests, air hostesses are the hostesses of a plane.
When you host guests at your place, you want every little thing- from the food, the cleanliness, and the comfort to their security- to be perfect and pleasing. These hostesses, too, are responsible for every little need and comfort of their passengers.
- Being Tolerant:
Not every passenger on the flight is going to be well mannered. Sadly, they don’t keep a check on people’s behavior before letting them board the flight.
As an air hostess, you will have to deal with all sort of people. For which, you will need to put your ego aside. You cannot snap at someone for being rude. Dealing with every passenger humbly and politely is the essence of this job.
- Being Compassionate:
On a flight, passengers seek an air hostess for almost every kind of problem: from an uncomfortable pillow to nausea. This needs you to be compassionate. You will need to make them believe that they will be fine. You will have to solve their problems. You will have to comfort them.
Yes, this is how kind-hearted you have to be to become an air hostess.
Now that we have discussed what it takes to be an air hostess. Let’s have a look at the positives of this profession.
Benefits of Becoming An Airhostess:
- If you get to work with an international airline, you will, often, travel to exotic and exquisite locations.
- Meeting celebrities would be an everyday thing for you.
- A satisfying salary. Air hostess salary in most domestic airlines is between 25000-35000 per month to freshers. With experience and promotion, this goes up to 75 k per month.
- In case of international airlines, a fresher earns up to 70000 per month, which can go up to 2 lakhs with experience.
- Not just that. Air hostesses enjoy many other perks, which vary from airline to airline. Some of them are:
- Concession on air tickets for a family.
- Life and Health Insurance.
- Retirement benefits.
- 12-17 leaves every month.
- Luxury stay while traveling for work.
Eligibility For Becoming An Air Hostess
Minimum qualification required to become an air hostess are as under:
The requirements laid down by Spicejet.com for its cabin crew.
Here is what Indigo is looking for in its potential cabin crew:
So, the general guidelines on how to become an air hostess after 12th are:
- Age: 18-27 years.
- Must have passed 10+2 from any recognized board or university.
- Fluency in English and Hindi (knowledge of one or more foreign languages is always an advantage).
- Effective communication skills.
- Height: 155 cms.
- Weight: proportionate to the height.
- No blemishes, scars, or tattoos.
- Pleasant personality.
However, these guidelines might vary (slightly) from airline to airline. For instance: Jet Airways, Go Air, and Vistara look for at least 157 cms for potential air hostesses. Also, Go Air’s age limit is 19-28 years.
If you think that you fulfill the requirements, you can directly apply to an airline. There is no need to undergo any kind of formal training.
However, if you think you’ll need to work on any of the skills or physical aspects, you can spend a year or two to get better at those things. It doesn’t matter how you improve these skills: on your own or by taking up a specific course.
But, if you think that the scope for improvement is huge, you can take up formal training to become an air hostess.
Here Are Some of The Best Air Hostess Training Institutes
- Frankfinn Institute of Air Hostess Training
- Air Hostess Academy
- Universal Airhostess Academy
- Kingfisher Training Academy
Air hostesses are an epitome of beauty- both internal and external. They are an integral part of the airline business. Without them, taking a flight can never be as pleasing.
Yes, their job is hard. But it is also satisfying. Comforting and helping people is one of the most humane things in the world.
So, if you, too, want to become an air hostess, gear up to become more tolerant, compassionate, and patient.