The undergraduate science aspirants who are planning to pursue MBBS from the country must know that getting admission to any of the medical institutions requires qualifying one of these entrance exams after 12th science medical.
All medical colleges in India follow a centralized system of admission. Under which all medical aspirants across the country have to appear for the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET), conducted by the Central Board of Education (CBSE).
Initially, NEET was proposed in the year 2012 but due to several reasons, it was deferred by CBSE and MCI (Medical Council of India). And after several acceptances and rejections in the consecutive years, NEET was conducted, successfully, in the year 2016.
Since then candidates who wish to pursue MBBS, BDS, or any PG medical or dental course in India have to qualify NEET.
However, All India Institute of Medical Sciences and Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research (JIPMER) conduct separate medical entrance exam for admission to their UG and PG courses.
List of Medical Entrance Exams After 12th 
So if you are seeking for admission in medical colleges other than AIIMS and JIPMER, qualifying NEET is mandatory.
List of Colleges Under NEET
NEET is applicable to all the medical colleges across the country (except a few). The total number of seats offered under NEET are 53,430 that are distributed as under.
Image source: Wikipedia
How to Prepare for NEET?
There is not a unique mantra to prepare for NEET exam. All you have to do is:
- Go through NEET syllabus and exam pattern to become familiar with the type of questions that will be covered in the test.
- Make an effective self-study plan and stick to it.
- Select the study material that you’ll refer to prepare for a particular subject.
- Identify your strengths and weaknesses and work on them. Invest more time on the topic that needs more preparation.
- Switch between the topics to save yourself from boredom and exertion.
- Solve mock papers to evaluate your knowledge and understanding.
Besides, the above points focus, motivation, perseverance, and optimism are the must haves to crack the NEET exam.
Check out this video for additional tips to prepare for NEET exam.
NEET Preparation Material
Below I have listed the study material that you can refer to prepare for NEET exam.
- Objective Biology by Dinesh
- Trueman’s Elementary Biology Vol-I & Vol-II
- Companion Biology by K.Bhatti (Dinesh publication)
- AIIMS Explorer by MTG publication
- Trueman’s Objective Biology
- Concepts of Physics by H.C. Verma
- Objective Physics for NEET Vol. 1
- Objective Physics for NEET Vol. 2
- NCERT Physics Part 1 & 2
This is all that you should know if planning to build a career in Medicines after 12th Science. So, buckle up to nail these entrance exams after 12th science medical.
Hope the information helps.